Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mommies





"May each of us treasure this truth: 'One cannot forget mother and remember God. One cannot remember mother and forget God.' Why? Because these two sacred persons, God and mother, partners in creation, in love, in sacrifice, in service, are as one."--President Thomas S. Monson.
Isn't that nice? It is from a book of President Monson's I have been reading for a while now, and today I just happened to be on a chapter called "Behold thy mother." Coincidence? I think not. I love prophets.

This is me with my Mother's Day Loot and my awesome Mother's Day breakfast, prepared by my kids.


Tonight at dinner Dustin had all the children tell something they loved about me, you know, because it's Mother's Day and all. Maren thought I was nice. Avery liked it when I played games with them. Grant made dog and cow sounds and then walked four steps (actually, I was just trying to subtly tell some of his accomplishments). Ryan said that he liked my chubby cheeks. And my chubby nose. Why, I don't know what you are talking about, Ryan.



The caption for this picture in my Europe scrapbook says "One too many pastries, Carolyn?" Mmmm, pastries in Europe. It was worth it.

So, to all you wonderful women out there, on this, this Mother's Day 2010, I wish to you the knowledge of how important you are, and as chubby of cheeks as you care to indulge yourself in.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Hahahahaha Carolyn!!!!!!!!! So funny!!! And pastries in Europe ARE totally worth a chubby nose and cheeks---though you'll NEVER know because you've never had them! You're a hot mama!

Megan said...

Oh, but they were so worth it, weren't they? I must admit, I am glad we ate them. Maybe we should have just had 1 instead of trying them all, in each bakery...
Was this when we were in transit to or from the zoo.

Catherine said...

So great! Your kids are awesome and so are you!