Thursday, April 12, 2012

Birthday Boy

Grant had a birthday.  He turned three.  Three!  Wow, the last three years have flown by.  And because he is my baby, I really struggle to think of him as three.  Here are some of the fun things that Grant does:
Grant is a tease.  I'm sure this comes with being the fourth child and witnessing all sorts of teasing from them (and it also may have something to do with the fact that his bigger than his siblings).  He loves to drive his twin cousins crazy by singing and dancing about two inches in front of their faces.  He talks really well, and LOVES to hear himself wax eloquent.  The other day we were at a birthday party of a friend, sitting near a few of the men talking about their first cars.  Grant listened quietly for a while and then suddenly chimed in, very adult like, with something like, "Yah, when I was first driving my car I did that, too. Ha Ha (forced laugh)."  He has a great memory and learns the words to songs really fast.  He also loves to sing and is always singing around the house.  He will still cuddle with me, if I have a rough edge on my shirt that he can rub between his fingers.  He can ride his tricycle like a pro.  We sure do love our little man!



 

5 comments:

Cari said...

What a cutie. And love the cake!

Courtney said...

That cake is awesome! And he is so adorable! Did you know we were *this* close to naming our baby Grant? It's a good name :)

Lynnette said...

He's such a cutie! I agree the time has just flown.

I loved the cake! You're such a great Mom!

Nicole said...

The cake turned out amazing. He is so much fun, I wish I could hang out with him everyday:)

Camile said...

Happy b-day Grant! I loved his addition to the adult conversation on cars - ha ha!! He is such a cutie!

I just caught up on your last few posts and loved them. I especially liked your one on family. You really are a wonderful mother. And you're one of those friends that I go away feeling better after having been with you! :)