Um, it's a vampire.
The next day, I had a field trip with Maren to the Museum of Natural History. It was fun and I'm always glad for the chance to do this kind of one-on-one stuff with the kids.
Then it was time for Fall Break, so we headed to The Farm to visit my Grandpa and the family there. We did all the typical farm things: driving tractors, feeding ducks, playing in leaves. The weather was beautiful. We couldn't have picked a more beautiful Fall day to be there! Lynnette and her family came, too, which made it even more fun.
Grandpa and Uncle Bert
Don't let me deceive you, it was a little more cold on the second day.
My grandpa was in the mood to reminisce, so I heard new stories and learned more about his youth. It was a lot of fun.
And just as we were enjoying a little tractor ride (this time, by tractor I mean riding lawn mower, pulling a trailer) I hit the brakes and flipped Avery out of the trailer and onto the lawn mower, where she cut her eye. So we left the farm a little early and took her to an Instacare in Utah. In answer to her prayers, no stitches were needed, just a little super glue.
4 comments:
I can't believe you threw your own daughter out of the tractor. I mean, we all want to do it, but you actually did! And happy late birthday to Dustin- I'm glad you could eat yourself sick. What's the new pizza place?
Ouch! I wish we could go to the farm too. It's been so long since we've been. Happy birthday Dustin!!
It does look sore. Glad you could go visit. Love ya!
Happy birthday to Dustin!
That picture of you and Lynette with your grandpa - you look like twins!
Poor Avery! I'm glad she didn't have to have stitches.
Post a Comment