Sunday, October 7, 2012

Autumn Is In The Air (And In My Kitchen)

I love Fall.  It is my favorite time of year.  I love the colors and the smells and the sounds.  This week we definitely made the transition to Autumn.  The weather cooled.  I lit an Apple Spice candle.  I turned on my furnace.  I turned on my blow dryer.  You may or may not know this about me, (you know if you are in my family, because you have the same heat source) but my favorite way to get warm is by blowing my blow dryer.  It's kind of like a little space heater.  Strange, you say?  Well, you obviously haven't tried it.
More signs of Fall:  We drove up the canyon to see the Fall colors.  I've been listening to Christmas music all week (What?  Not the right season, you say?  Well, you obviously haven't tried it.  Besides, Fall is just the start of Christmas.  Just ask Wal-Mart.)   My pumpkins are turning orange.  A few days ago, I pureed one and made pumpkin bread and it smelled so nice.

This weekend my family was in town for General Conference and the girls (and kids) had a craft night and made Halloween potion bottles.

We also finally got to see this cutie.  We were banished because of our pneumonia, but we are all well enough now to see my newest nephew.

The boys wore superhero capes all around the house. (OK, that one really doesn't have anything to do with Fall, but it was really cute.)

I made a turkey.  I started some yams on fire, big time.  It's Dustin's birthday in a week.  It's my birthday next month.  In two weeks it's Fall Break from school.  The signs of Fall are everywhere! I love this time of year!

2 comments:

Aaron and Camile said...

(In case this shows up as Aaron, this is really Camile. I'm never sure which I'm logged in as.) Reading this made me a little homesick - not sure why - maybe because it's cloudy out today, or maybe I just want a good friend to hang out with.

I love your potion bottles - where did you get the labels? Super cute Halloween decor!

Nicole said...

Oh I love Fall too. Although, I haven't listened to any Christmas music yet. I haven't wanted to for some reason. I have had my blow dryer out though, since, you know, Sept. 1st...