Last night we harvested our potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, watermelon and cantaloupe. We also got one random beet and finished up our green beans and zucchini. We left our pumpkins on the vine, hoping that more will turn orange, and our tomatoes are still going strong, as well. As we dug up our potatoes and carrots, it felt like Christmas! I was so excited! The garden is a pretty amazing thing. You plant a tiny little seed, or in the potato's case, I cut in thirds a little sprouted potato and plant it in the ground. Give it water and protection (and some prayers and kind words) and then a few months later, dig it up to find dozens of little potatoes! I mean, really! Do we deserve such a wonderful gift? Probably not, but it was so fun to find all those little friends under the ground. I love our garden. Isn't Heavenly Father so kind to let us grow stuff? I'm thankful for the blessing of a garden.
Harvesting cantaloupe-I think we got seven. And a couple of mini watermelons.
Me, digging for potato treasure.
Playing with our food.
Grant and the twins helping me pick grapes.
2 comments:
Oh you just make me want to cry because the of the neglect I had on our garden this year. We didn't get near as much from it this year as we could have if I would have, you know, watered it and stuff. I'm glad to see your fruitful garden! It looks so wonderful!
I almost want to cry too. We finally planted a garden and really cared for it... and then moved before harvest. (We did get some peas and a couple zucchini before leaving.) But, it really was so awesome to see it growing - really amazing!
It was wonderful to talk to you yesterday, despite all the little interruptions! I'll look forward to our next attempt. :)
Post a Comment