I need to purge my brain for a minute. Do you mind?
My internet is really slow and it is driving me crazy. As soon as it gets cold my skin gets so dry that it cracks and hurts. My 3 year old (who will remain nameless) is going through a "stage" that is requiring lots more patience than I have.
But then I found out that one of my good friends is battling Stage 4 cancer. The cancer is in her rectum, liver and possibly lungs. She has a prognosis of living for approximately 26 months.
And last night as I was tired and thinking a lot, I felt so guilty that I was worrying about my internet and my painful thumb. My problems are not really problems. In the eternal scheme of things, the Internet doesn't even matter (I know that will be a hard thing for some to accept :). What matters is how I am treating people (including my 3 year old who is trying my patience). It will matter who I have served today or if I have shown love to my kids and husband and the random people that I meet. I mean, seriously! Does my internet connection even matter?! (Except that it is taking me twice as long to upload pictures and thus taking more time from my family :).
The good news is that my friend is positive and has total faith that she will be healed by The Great Physician. She has faith in our Savior and His ability to heal, and her hope is infectious. And so I am trying to keep a better perspective on things. I am going to appreciate my children more and find people I can serve. I am going to be more positive about life and spend more time with those I love. I am going to play with my kids more.
Like earlier this week, outside at 9 AM because it was the first snow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Yeah, that puts life into perspective! I'm sorry about your friend.
Another reminder of what's important in life is a hurricane. (We are in the midst of Hurricane Sandy right now. Wish us luck!)
I know, I feel bad now that I complain so much about little things. they are nothing compared to what others have to go through. What a great outlook your friend has on life. Enjoy the snow!
Oh you're so cute. I wish i was there to play with your 3 year old for you. I miss them, and you. I'm sorry about your friend! I guess I haven't talked to you in a little while. Thanks for your good perspective, it makes me have a better one.
You look so cute in that pic! And good for you for getting out with Grant- a good reminder to take advantage of the moment!
Post a Comment