Christmas has come and gone. The kids are back in school. We have all recovered from the flu (and some form of pneumonia, and a terrible sinus infection). And my tree is still up. And it may be up for a little bit longer.
The good news is that even when everyone is sick, Santa still comes!
We had our traditional Bethlehem dinner (not "a" traditional Bethlehem dinner, "our" traditional Bethlehem dinner, i.e., crescent rolls, chicken, fruit and veggies and sparkling cider. But we eat it with towels and headbands on our heads, in candlelight, on the floor, after reading the Christmas Story in the Bible. Doesn't that make it kind of Bethlehem-y?)
We opened a gift on Christmas Eve. Surprise, surprise! Christmas Jammies! Except Mommy accidentally bought women's pajama's for the girls. It looks like I get new pajama's this year!
Then we went to bed and let Santa work his magic!
Everyone was extra good this year and got a new bike or scooter. Well, except for me. But I did get myself
two pairs of pajama's!
Car track from Nicole and Matt.
Mini American Girl Dolls from Ol' St. Nick.
Finger painting fun!
With super sick kids (and hubby), we were pretty confined to the house (except that one day when we went ice skating and to the mall-so sorry to anyone we may have infected, but we were getting better and we HAD to get out of the house!).
We had fun with Nicole and Matt.
We even braved a major snow storm in our sick condition.
Look at those cute oompa loompa's! Christmas came and went so fast! One thing about being sick is that we did spend a lot of time at home enjoying our new Christmas presents. My girls have become Mastermind champs! And I have heard the new Taylor Swift CD far more often than anyone should ever be forced to listen to her. We've sledded in our backyard, and we got the bikes out one day when the temperature was above 9 degrees. Overall, we are now happy, healthy and very grateful!
3 comments:
Sorry you all got sick! We've had a nasty cough and runny noses going on 3 weeks now. It seems like everyone got it this year. Love those jammies on the girls ;)
Nice new pj's - ha ha! - was that on purpose? I need to start "accidentally" buying my girls women's jeans and sweaters (and taking the tags off before they try them on).
Carly would be super jealous of the Taylor Swift CD. I'm sure you have the whole thing memorized by now!
I'm glad you're all getting better!
Happy New Year to you guys!!!
How did I miss so many posts? And sorry for the triple comment on that last one - I could not figure out why it wasn't posting!
Post a Comment