Summer is just about over for us. And I am ready. Ready for a regular schedule. Ready to have to get my kids to bed on time. Ready to start listening to Christmas music. But before I jump the gun, let's at least finish out our fun, crazy busy summer. Here are some more of the fun things we've done.
We BBQ'd with our neighbors. I have to admit, no husbands were around for this barbecue. Oops. But like the good, resourceful women that we are, we found some leftovers in our fridges and still made a meal out of it.
The kids all took swim lessons (and at least we can be certain that they learned to float on their backs).
We went to a baseball game with our friends.
We went hiking on the 24th of July.
This deer ate my green beans. And my rotting apples that have fallen from my tree. Apples, good. Beans, bad.
Grant wanted a number four shaved in his head, because he is four, of course. And I complied, because it is summer!
We went camping for one of many family reunions and had lots of fun.
During the reunion, we (with my dad's help) took the kids fishing for the first time ever!
And we even took them fishing a 2nd time! Our neighbor bought each child a fishing pole for their birthday and we had a lot of fun trying them out. We didn't actually catch anything besides seaweed. But that is pretty typical fishing for my family.
Our friends, the Severts came to visit and we had such a nice time with them. Look how we've multiplied over the years!
Ryan lost his first tooth. That is what happens when you play tug-of-war with your mouth.
And Grant taught himself how to ride a bike!
Yay for Summer accomplishments!


2 comments:
We just did bedtime and sometimes my brain is too tired to write in sentence form - so here's my comment:
-yummy bbq ;)
-you have excellent back floaters
-fun to see a picture of some of the Colemans
-I miss hiking in UT - looks like a great time
-that looks like a nice young buck in your yard (speaking as a hunter's wife). Sorry about your beans though!
-Love the "4" on Grant's head. And amazed that he taught HIMSELF to ride on two wheels - way to go Grant!
Happy Back to School to you!
I can't believe summer is already over!! Hooray for the holidays! I only wish I was there with you all to listen to Christmas music and make delicious Fall foods!
Post a Comment