Sunday, November 24, 2013

Carolyn's Favorite Things (A Few Of Them)

Just like Oprah and Fraulein Maria, I have a list of a few of my favorite things.  One of them is my face wash.  I have used it for nearly 20 (20!) years.  And now it is being discontinued and I will have to switch (after 20 years!) to something new and terrible (I just know it).  As a side note, it really makes me feel strange to say that I have been using the same product for 20 years.  Strange and old.  Old like 35, which is what I will be on Wednesday.  This is my face wash:
See how I have it in a three pack?  That is because I have another favorite thing.  Her name is Jacque and she is an old college roomie and a BFF.  She knew how worried I was to switch and how annoyed I was with St. Ives for discontinuing my favorite face wash.  So she found it on Amazon, and paid way too much to send it to me for my birthday.  She is amazing.
Here is another of my favorite things:
I don't think this needs any explanation.
Here is another favorite:
Not only did he sit on a saddle while everyone sang Happy Birthday to him (last month), but he let me put the tree up earlier than he would have liked to.
And here is one more favorite (or rather, four):


This was a hockey game that we went to last week.  And while the hockey game was fine, my real favorite is the cheering section I was sitting with.

5 comments:

Lynnette said...

I must be emotional because I feel like crying for you over your St. Ives face wash. Your favorite things are awesome, just like you!

Monica said...

Yay! You have lived to use St Ives for another year!

Courtney said...

I love your favorite things. St Ives is a great brand. I use their moisturizer and love it.

Jen said...

Ah, St. Ives. I had forgotten it- I'm pretty sure I introduced it to you 20 years ago :) And nice tree! I especially love how you are able to have ornaments on the whole thing instead of just the top half.

Nicole said...

Am I your 7th favorite thing? (8th counting Jacque?)