Ryan said these very words: "Mom is the Valentine Lady, Dad is Santa!" How right he was. Dustin truly was Santa tonight. Until he started head banging and his beard flew off (I think the long hair got to him. Or maybe it was just hair in general that got to him). Once the head banging started, I knew the Valentine's Lady had just been blown out of the water. Dancing around singing a happy song is nothing compared with air guitar sounds and tickles and bouncing off of a belly that jiggles like a bowl full of jelly. Oh well. As long as he fills my stocking with lots of chocolate, I don't mind!
Last week Santa, I mean Dustin, surprised me on my birthday, down in Cedar City. We came back from a date to a house full of old friends (I wondered why he was so insistent that we go out...). It was so nice to see everyone again and Dustin did a great job of arranging it all without me figuring it out (at least not completely-my detective mind did wonder a little). I had such a fun birthday this year! I went to breakfast with my sisters in the morning. Then we drove to Cedar with my sister, Nicole, went to dinner with my sweet hubby and then a surprise party! I am spoiled.
The next day was Thanksgiving. I was so thankful that this cute lady came into town (sporting two buns in her oven).
The dinner was delicious. The weather was perfect (especially since within a couple of days we dropped from the 50's to the single digits and a foot of snow). We had a lot of fun with family. We loved having Nicole around. The day after Thanksgiving our friends, Jacque and Tyler, came up to Cedar and we had so much fun letting our kids get reacquainted. And, I didn't take a single picture.
Saturday we were back home and throwing a baby shower for Nicole at my church.
And that night we went to Temple Square to see the amazing lights with my Mom, Dad and Nicole.
What a great, busy week we had with family and friends!
3 comments:
At first I misread what Ryan said. I thought he said "Mom is Valentine lady and Dad is Satan" Ha ha! Well, I'm glad he really said Santa!
Happy late-Birthday! I'm glad you were spoiled and had a fun day! That's awesome that Nicole was able to come see you all. She is a cute pregnant girl.
p.s. I love your grandma apron ;)
Nice- my kids are definitely missing out on the holiday spirit. Head banging Santa and the Valentines Lady have yet to make their appearance around here. Fun times!!!
Oh I miss you all so much just looking at this trip. Love you!
Post a Comment