Sunday, December 22, 2013

Snow!

The last couple of weeks we have had snow, snow and more snow.  And then some more snow.  Living on a hill makes driveway shoveling miserable.  But it is oh so fun for sledding purposes.  On Saturday, we spent a couple of hours playing outside and (finally) enjoying all that snow.  
Dustin made a sledding trail from the top of our backyard to the bottom.  It has been many years since I snowboarded, and all it took was one trip down the hill for my kids to be better than me.  Not surprising.
 Getting ready for take off.
Have I ever mentioned that we pretty much bought this house because of the backyard.  This type of activity is exactly what we envisioned.
This is Maren getting ready to go down the hill.  If you look closely, you'll see me inside the trampoline.  I am trying to save it from breaking with all the weight of that heavy, wet snow.  I shoveled snow off until my arms wouldn't shovel any more.  And the trampoline is still sagging.
 Dustin was a good sport and pulled the boys back up the hill.
 Avery boarding down.
We had a snowball fight-everyone against Dustin.  I'm pretty sure Dustin won.  The kids hid under a tree, underneath the sled because Dustin threw snowballs at the tree, which then dropped all its snow on top of the kids.  They loved it.
And now I'm ready for some of this snow to melt!  At least off of my driveway.

4 comments:

Jen said...

See- I knew there was a reason we don't have a trampoline- one more thing to shovel! You're a good sport.

Courtney said...

You should just park at the bottom of your driveway and then sled down ;) Glad you are over all the sickness and enjoying the cold outside! Merry Christmas!

Nicole said...

Yeah but now you know how to pull up your driveway no matter what:) I miss your family so much! Your back yard is like a dream come true for any kid in winter!

Camile said...

FUN! Sounds like some absolutely wonderful family memories! Almost makes me wish we had snow here …. almost. ;)