Do you ever watch Cupcake Wars on Food Network? Well, last week we lived it. We held a little cupcake war at our house. I lost. And, apparently we watch it a little too much, because my 4 year old kept saying things like "The winner will walk away with $10,000". Our theme was Christmas. My cupcake was the abstract Christmas tree on the upper left of the picture. The judges were tough. They didn't like abstract. Instead, they like realistic looking Christmas trees (with a lot of frosting).
Avery looks like she got caught tasting her frosting.
The judges are tasting and contemplating a winner.
Avery and her friend, Isabeau, entered their Science Fair at school. And got 2nd place! Their project was on which soap works the best. I have say, they totally took this on all by themselves. In fact, I was so NOT involved, that on Tuesday Avery said to me "Mom, I really need to work on my science fair project." Me: "When is the Science Fair?" Avery: "Thursday." As in two days away. Needles to say, Wednesday night was a late night for the girls.
On Sunday afternoon, the kids and I made a quick, impromptu trip to Cedar City to see my parents and escape the freezing weather. It was almost 70 degrees down there! We went to St. George and hiked, played at the park, toured the Brigham Young Home and ate a lot of junk food. So much junk food that Maren ended up throwing up all night long on Monday night. We're talking every 10 minutes for the whole night. Yuck.
Playing tag with Grandpa at the park.
Taking a break on our hike of the Temple Quarry Trail.
Trying to hide from us.
Outside of Brigham Young's Home.
The kids making their own little pizzas.
We had such a nice break for a couple of days! Grandpa and Grandma were so nice to us. I was feeling a little stir crazy with our bad air and cold temps, and this was the perfect break for me (and the kids). Dustin got left behind to work on his project that was due a few days later. No fun for him!
After
We recently acquired a headboard and foot board for our bed, but they were from the 1950's. So I refinished them. I sanded them down, took the doors off the headboard, painted them black and then distressed them. It was fast, easy, and fool proof. The perfect craft project for me!
1 comment:
We just watched cupcake wars for the first time a couple weeks ago, in preparation for Ellie's cake decorating b-day party. I was surprised at how fun it was to watch.
How nice would that be to escape to Grandma and Grandpa's house for a few days!!! Luckily we don't have bad air here, but there's no where to escape for warmer weather. I always get sick of winter towards the end, but this winter is especially bad for me.
I love your headboard and footboard - way to go!
Post a Comment