Sunday, March 1, 2015

Adventures

We love to have adventures around here.  And since the kind of adventures we'd really love to have (think: Italy) aren't happening, we make up adventures.
Grant and I had an adventure the other day.  We went to visit my good friend, Donna, who just moved in with her daughter (she has been living next door to us.  She's 87.).  On the way, we stopped at this huge store that we've been eyeing from the freeway for a couple of years.  It was like an amusement park/zoo/museum, all within the store!
 Grant and ol' Thomas Jefferson hanging out.
 This is from the top of the Ferris Wheel inside the store.  Grant was happier than I was.  I really don't like heights.  And when we stopped at the top so that people could get off, I had to really fight a panic attack every time Grant moved and we wiggled.  Fun adventure, huh?
Grant and the raging grizzly.  Don't worry, I saved him.

We made an adventure one night by doing a little science experiment, using vinegar hearts and baking soda and water.  We got a few fizzing hearts out of it.  Not nearly as exciting as I was hoping it was going to be.  You'll notice that Maren is sporting a mustache in these pictures.  It was Dr. Seuss Day at school, and apparently fake mustaches have something to do with Dr. Seuss.  


We took the kids to Trafalga to climb rock walls and play laser tag and mini golf.  It was a lot of fun.  If you don't think this was scary for me, then you must not have read that "afraid of heights" line from up above.
 Avery
 Dustin climbed
 Here I am being brave.
 Grant (and Maren starting out)
There is Maren
And, I'm pretty sure this is Ryan.

We also took the kids to the Bean Life Science Museum at BYU.



And the highlight of our night was the BYU Men's Volleyball game.  I felt a little homesick, walking around the Smith Fieldhouse.  I sure love BYU.  And Volleyball.


And there you have it.  Adventure, wherever we can find it!  Even if it is only an hour away, instead of in Italy.

No comments: