As I thought about this Summer, I realized that there were a whole lot of things that we did, that I never talked about. And when I went back to look, most of them happened in July. Apparently July was a busy month for us. On the weekend of the 24th, we took our kids on a train ride on the Heber Creeper, courtesy of one of my preschool students, Colton. His family had given me a gift at the end of the year, for a free train ride for my family. So nice of them!
We got held up by some ruffians. But after they held us up, they sang us some cowboy ballads. So it was all good.
Beautiful scenery out of the caboose.
The kids got lassoed.
After the train ride we took the kids on a hike at Stewart Falls in Provo Canyon. The water was very cold, so only Dustin and Maren braved it.
One night we slept out on the trampoline. I gave up at about Midnight.
A friend called to offer me free tickets to the Museum of Natural History one day. So the kids and I went and had a great time.
The kids and I went on many hikes.
One afternoon we went to see the Days of '47 Parade floats. They were so beautiful and intricate, especially from so close.
We watched some awesome fireworks at Lynnette's for the 24th. It's like our own private fireworks show. Pretty cool.
Our city does a car show every year that is pretty fun. Our boys are obsessed with cars. Here was Grant's favorite. I think it is a Lamborghini? I'm sure he could tell me. When he saw this car, he was seriously jumping up and down and almost screaming with joy.
He was very happy to sit in this car.
A big ol' truck!
In August, Dustin made a quick trip to Colorado for his Dad's 70th birthday party that he threw for himself. His dream was to take his sons and grandsons (over the age of 14) on a white water rafting trip down the Colorado River. They had a blast! And no one was thrown from the raft. Life long dream come true, plus nobody dying in the process, equals a success!
And, I got rid of our birds, in anticipation of Dustin's mom moving in with us from Colorado. She sold her home and is here with us now, until she finds her own place to live. Goodbye birds, hello Gramma Lana! It was a good trade.
No comments:
Post a Comment