School officially started, for almost everyone in our house. This year Avery hit a milestone: Junior High! We did a lot of practicing the week before she started, so that by the time she actually had a real day of school, she was an old pro. She did have a couple of hiccups with her locker on that first day, but she got some help and now she "loves her locker". She is so grown up!
Maren, Ryan and Grant started about an hour after Avery did. Maren is in 5th, Ryan is in 3rd and Grant is now all day in 1st grade. How are they all growing up so fast!
Grant seemed to be nothing but excited for his first day. I had to fight the tears a little. It's weird to have my baby gone all day!
Ryan seemed a little less sure about us leaving him behind in his classroom. But he had a great first day. He got the same teacher that both of the girl's had in 3rd grade, which made me happy. 3rd grade!! I can't believe it!
Maren opted to not have us take a picture of her at her desk. And I obliged so that I didn't humiliate her on her first day of school. I'll save that for a later day of school.
This is one of our practice days at Avery's school. She was so excited to decorate her locker.
I had my first day of (pre)school a week later, and now we are all in the full swing of things. Summer has come and gone so fast!
1 comment:
Is there another row of lockers above Avery's?! Are those for the kids that already hit their growth spurt? They look so old, and so cute:)
Post a Comment