Last weekend we took a little excursion to Antelope Island. It was chilly and rainy, but we had fun and were happy to be out of the house. We saw only two antelopes (What is the plural for antelope? antelope? antelopes? anteloop?).
But weep not for us because the buffalopes (as Ryan calls them) were plentiful.
Grant ate one.
The kids caught them.
Having them so close was very reminiscent of a trip to Mt. Rushmore as a youth. We came around the corner of the road and there were large amounts of wild donkeys (yes, you heard me correct) in the way. We stopped and rolled down our windows and one donkey stuck its entire head and neck into our little truck to eat the chips my cousin Kyle was holding in the middle seat. It was very funny and slightly eerie as well.
Our goal this year is to see more of what there is to see in our home state. One random place down, many more to go!



13 comments:
What a fun adventure. I have never been to antelope island. These kinds of trips are always fun to do in the winter when you are usually suffering from cabin fever!
Fun trip. I love doing things like that. When we were first married we tried to hit all of the Utah State Parks, but we didn't quite make it.
That was a fun day, in spite of the chilly rain. The kids wanting to ride with us made our day. The buffaloes walking in front of the car was a hit, too -- glad you got a picture! Love ya!
Anteli, I believe. I have never been there either. I remember the donkeys though.
Oooo...awesome!!! I've never been there, you've now inspired me to go! Great pics!
I've always wanted to go there! I wish I would have hit up more Utah attractions, that will be fun for you guys!
That's one place I'd really like to go. But I don't even know how to get there with my car. Because, you know, it's an island.
We lived in Ogden before Ben finished at USU and we never got to Antelope Island. I wish we could have. Awesome buffalo. By the way, THOSE kinds of days around here are sadly more of the norm than the exception.
I want to come next time. Please.
What a fun outing! I've never been there...in fact...I'm not sure I've even heard of it. :) You've inspired me to check out what there is to do around here that I don't know about. :)
So cool! I've never been to antelope island but have heard nothing but good things about it.
you will have fun going to those kind of places... i remember when we lived in az, we came home for a family vacation and all the hastings' went to a bunch of places all over ut we hadnt been to lately or ever, (bingham copper mine, some candy factory, the copper foundry where they make a lot of those statues for downtown slc, heritage park, museums, etc.) and it was one of our favorite family vacations ever since we never had to travel that far =)
We have buffalo in Illinois. At the Zoo.
There's a free zoo in St. Louis and Chicago!
You should come visit.
Post a Comment