Hello. I am here. You may not have known I wasn't here, but we've been house/child sitting this week for some neighbors. They have older kids and a filter on their internet that doesn't allow me to look at emails, blogs or (gasp) You Tube. So, here's the story, of a lovely lady (me, in case you were wondering) who was bringing up 4 very lovely girls, 4 boys, 1 old dog, 2 cats and 1 allergic husband. Last night I had 3 children in bed with me and no husband. He can't sleep in the master bedroom because the cats do normally and he will die. Not really. I hope. But the good news is that he will be taking Grant home to sleep at night. This means that if the other seven sleep through the night, and if I can ignore the 2 cats pawing and scratching at the bedroom door (I locked them out because they kept jumping on me), then in theory, I could sleep through the night! Also, maybe in a week's time Grant will be sleeping better. Let's hope. All the kids are really well behaved and helpful, but mornings are complete and utter chaos. I am also getting a taste of how it feels to be a mom of tweens and teens. Every afternoon this week is filled with dance, piano, taekwando, church activities, scouts, plus all the other regular things that fill up my life. It will help me to enjoy my young activity-less children more, I'm sure.
Here's another statistic:

9 1/2 months
21 pounds
28 1/4 inches
Not bad. We'll take it.
8 comments:
Wooowzer! He has gotten so big! Glad you are back to bloggign and U Tube! Hope all is well. Lacey
Wow, Erin's barely tipping the scale at 18 lbs. and 14 months! You must be feeding your boys something different. Maren and Avery weren't that big were they?
Yikes! You are a brave woman to babysit all week. Glad you've returned to the land of the internet! And Grant is so cute with all his chubbiness :)
I agree- you are brave. And a little insane. Here's a cat tip- lock them in the bathroom or basement so that you can't hear them scratching. Not that I know from experience...
Where did this big kid come from?! :) Davon just weighed in at 12 months at 20 lbs. 13 oz.
I always appreciate my life and my kids more after house sitting for my mom. 2 dogs, one cat, 2 birds, 1 bearded dragon, and 1 mouse. Oh and my two brothers who are busy all the time also. So I can empathize.
Your blog entries crack me up! Way to go on te jumping! Yes, we are discovering this year with Hyrum in school how having an older child makes you busier, not less busy even though they are more independant. Cute kids!
Oh my gosh! I need a nap just reading about it. Goodness! :)
Liam's big too. He and Grant could be twins.
You should come visit and I'll show you.
Post a Comment