Sunday, November 4, 2012

We Had A Spooktacular Halloween

Did you know that one of the things that may have led me to my husband was the phrase "It will be spooktacular"?  My roommate and BFF, Jacque, and Dustin were the Ward's communication people.  So they had to make flyers and deliver them for activities, including a Ward Halloween party.  Dustin wanted to use that phrase on the flyer, which Jacque didn't love.  But it did prompt her to call me at work to say that she had just met my future husband and that he had the exact same sense of humor as me.  I must admit, I would have used that phrase on my flyers.  And so, it was love at first cheesy phrase.
Anyway, we did have a spooktacular Halloween.  We trick-or-treated with some friends and had pizza after.  Avery, Maren and Ryan were total Halloween troopers this year.  They literally ran from house to house (and we went to A LOT of houses).  Grant did really well for a while, but then he required some shoulders to sit on from Dustin.  Avery and Maren were clowns, Ryan and Grant were Spider Man.

Last weekend was our Ward's Fall Festival.  Lynnette brought the girls down and we had fun seeing the little Dora's.  For this event, Grant was a rodeo clown.  He started out as a cowboy, but when he saw all the kids getting their faces painted, he was desperate.  Luckily I remembered that some cowboys do paint their faces.  Yay for Mom!

 I helped with the cake walk.  Aren't those cupcakes cute?  I didn't make a single one.

 It took Avery a long time to finally get a cupcake.  Doesn't she look like she enjoyed that walk?
In other news, last week was Ryan's VIP week in Kindergarten, so Grant and I went down on Friday to talk about him to his class.  Grant went out with the kids for recess and fell on the playground and ended up with four staples in the back of his head.  I think that is the 6th co-pay I have paid at Insta-Care in two months.  But, at the start of this Thanksgiving month, I am grateful for doctors and medicine and people who staple my kid's head so that I don't have to.  And what a big, cute head it is.

2 comments:

Camile said...

I loved hearing your "love at first phrase" story! How funny that your roommate called to tell you she met your future husband! You and Dustin are such a great couple - I think you guys are perfect together.

Oh my gosh - you and stitches/staples! Maybe that's one way that girls are easier. So far, no staples or stitches. Poor Grant, that must have been a pretty good bonk. Were all the other kids (and ground duty) freaking out?

Camile

Nicole said...

It is such a cute big head. I loved the costumes. Where was yours? You could have been the Valentine Lady.